Climate Tracker (CT) is an international non-profit organization that aims to support, train and incentivize better climate journalism around the world. We believe in the power of journalism, but we know that many young journalists have neither the resources nor the opportunity to identify and tell the climate stories they want. We know that this challenge is even greater in those countries most affected by climate change.
Since 2015, Climate Tracker has worked with more than 15,000 young journalists from around the world through scholarships, opportunities and training. Our network of journalists has published articles in more than 114 countries and in 24 different languages.
In recent years, our organisation has managed to consolidate its work in the Middle East and North African region (MENA), carrying out projects in various countries and promoting the work of prominent environmental journalists, both in the media in their countries and in international publications.
We’re planning some big projects and have great ideas for how to expand the work of climate journalists in the region. For this reason, we’re expanding our MENA team.
WE’D LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US!
We are looking for a programs manager from the Middle East and North Africa region who is deeply knowledgeable about climate change and journalism. The role also involves coordinating the implementation of programs with a wide array of partners on climate-related topics, including civil society organizations and grassroots or community groups. The ideal candidate enjoys strategic planning, designing, and execution of projects that engages with young professionals across the region
This opportunity suits a programs manager professional, with 2-4 years of experience, who is passionate about addressing climate change. We are looking for a professional who enjoys collaborations and partnerships, thrives on trying new approaches, is open to feedback, takes initiative, and is solutions-oriented.
- Lead on the implementation of Climate Tracker programs in the Arab region by designing plans, timelines, and ensuring successful delivery of goals
- Expanding Climate Tracker’s network in the Middle East and North Africa region through creating an online presence and various engagement methods
- Engaging new and existing partners across the region for both international and regional funding and project opportunities.
- Engage with Climate Tracker MENA network and work on gathering content for the Climate Tracker Arabic website
- Represent Climate Tracker in regional and international events/conferences whenever needed
Experience and competencies
- 2-4 years of experience in managing programs
- Good knowledge of climate change in the MENA region
- Good knowledge of communications and the journalism field in the MENA region
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, Slack, email, etc.
- Be 18-40 years old
- Experience in working online and with international teams
- Knowledge of UNFCCC and climate policy in the MENA region
- Fluency in French
WHAT WE OFFER
- A unique opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, globally-minded group of individuals who are passionate about the fight against climate change;
- A flexible work environment and the space to shape and continuously develop your role;
- A 6 months contract (with the possibility of renewal thereafter)
- A competitive salary
This position is open globally with a preference for candidates based in the MENA region or in a similar time zone
HOW TO APPLY