Management of news, information, opinion or commentary.
1. ALC will determine its recipients in accordance with its strategic planning, giving priority to churches, ecumenical organisms, and civil society organizations. Likewise, it will distribute material to the secular and religious press.
2. In the same manner priority as recipients will be given to the churches, organizations and leaders committed to the purposes of ALC.
3. Priority will be given to the quality of the information, even at the risk of losing the immediate publishing of news. ALC understands quality of information as having to do with its pertinence, depth, contextualization, preciseness and proper use of language.
4. For ALC a purpose of special importance is that the material published inform and prompt reflection in such a way that it be useful for specialized ministries and the motivating of interaction between church and society. In this sense, what is being aimed at, by means of different articulated actions, is the strengthening of the visibility and capability of public incidence of the churches and organizations.
5. ALC reserves the right to not publish material that affects its editorial policy, its ethical framework, and the principles of communication to which it adherers.
6. In the event of errors, these will be corrected as quickly as possible. The correction will be the responsibility of the editor, or of the Director of ALC, depending upon the institutional repercussion.
Management of sources.
1. ALC will make known the source of the information, which will be made explicit in the different versions distributed, except in the case that the source requests not to be identified.
2. ALC will publish information that has been duly verified.
3. ALC will publish opinions only if the author is duly identified.
4. Previous publication in another media of information of interest to the ALC recipient public does not constitute an impediment for its circulation by ALC.
5. In the event that there be various non-conflicting sources of information on an event or theme, ALC will give preference to that provided by its own correspondents.
6. If a person interviewed requests a written copy of the interview before it is published, ALC will provide that material. The person interviewed will have the right to correct expressions. In the event that the person interviewed changes the sense of what was said, ALC reserves the right to not publish the interview.
Management in the event of conflicts.
1. ALC will seek balanced information in the event of there being parties in conflict, and will guarantee that all parties involved be able to express themselves.
2. ALC will give priority to informing on the matter over which a conflict has arisen, before informing of the situations that come about as a result of the matter of conflict.
Images and photographic material.
1. ALC will not make use of images that identify victims of violence, discrimination or abuse.
2. ALC will make clearly visible the source and date registered. If that not be possible, the material will be identified as an image or by registered date of distribution, or by filename.